- This event has passed.
Black Family Reunion
August 11 - August 13
The Black Family Reunion is an annual cultural celebration sponsored by Community Empowerment Association where Allegheny County residents, vendors, artists, and activists come together to celebrate the black family and the black community.
What started out in 2003 as an intimate block party has grown into an iconic two day event that:
- Builds, fosters and empowers individuals through jobs, education, housing, economic development, and family support services.
- Provides a stage to showcase the talent of burgeoning local artists headlined by national recording artists.
- Supports economic autonomy in the community by helping local businesses and vendors expand their clientele.
- Creates a safe space for youth recreation, including arts and crafts, and the highly anticipated “Peace in the Hood” basketball tournament.
- Includes summits and networking tents with local leaders to address the pertinent issues within the black community.
- Provisions free health information and health screenings specific to the black community.
The thousands that attend each year can attest to the fact that this local healing space truly epitomizes the word “family”.